We are an experienced team of criminal lawyers based in Melbourne who understand the complexity of the legal system, and its main players. Because we have been practising in Melbourne for decades, we have real insight into the Magistrates and Judges who preside in the Melbourne Courts. As you would appreciate, some Magistrates and Judges are better than others. Our firm can best advise you how to prepare and present your case so you can achieve the best outcome.
Our criminal lawyers leave nothing to chance. If that means that your case needs to be adjourned so more material can be presented to Court, we believe a short delay is worth it in the long run. After all, an adverse criminal record may stay with an unsuccessful accused for the rest of his life. Making the system work for our clients isn’t about “smoke and mirrors”, it’s about thoroughness and integrity.
Our role also requires that our criminal lawyers negotiate effectively with the Police and Court Prosecutors. Sometimes this may mean that we come into conflict with our adversaries. We are not on their side, we are on the side of our clients. Our roles involve our lawyers attending police interviews with clients, acting as intermediaries between the police and clients, and of course, vigorously advocating on behalf of our clients at Court. Going to court can be stressful and intimidating, but you can rest assured that when you attend any Melbourne Court with our criminal lawyers, you will be part of a strong, committed team.
How can we help you?
We are experts in the Criminal Law. As you will appreciate, the criminal law is a vast area. The following are examples of some of the areas in which we have expertise:
- Murder, manslaughter and culpable driving
- Driving Offences: including drink and drug driving, driving whilst disqualified or unlicensed
- White collar crime: including theft, fraud, deception, money laundering and conspiracy
- Drug Offences: including importation, trafficking, cultivation use and possess
- Centrelink fraud
- Intentionally or recklessly causing injury, assault and stalking
- Burglary, theft, obtaining property by deception, trespass
- Armed robbery or robbery
- Sexual offences: including rape and indecent assaults
- Intervention orders: including breaches, variations and cancellations
- Extradition both international and interstate
What are the costs likely to be?
We understand that using a lawyer can be costly and therefore we offer reasonable fees. In most cases our fees are fixed and we do not charge our clients until we have discussed the likely costs with them. Our fee structure will be outlined in writing to you prior to the commencement of any work on your matter by one of our lawyers.
Call our Melbourne criminal lawyers now on 03 9415 9595 for a confidential discussion.